Fred A. Mitchell Jr., Fire Chief
47 Central Street
Georgetown, MA 01833
For Immediate Release
Friday, Sept. 1, 2017
Contact: John Guilfoil
Georgetown Fire Department Responds to UFP Technologies After Worker Suffers Electric Shock
GEORGETOWN – Chief Fred Mitchell reports that the Georgetown Fire Department responded to a business in town this morning after a man suffered an electric shock.
Around 9:20 a.m., Georgetown Fire received a report that a person had possibly been electrocuted at UFP Technologies, 172 East Main St.
Georgetown’s Engine 1, Ambulance and Car 1 responded to the scene. They were met by a 45-year-old male service technician at UFP. He reported that while working on a machine he suffered an electric shock.
The man was transported by ambulance to Anna Jaques Hospital in Newburyport with injuries that are not believed to be life-threatening. No other injuries were reported.
The Occupational Safety and Health Administration was notified of the incident.