GEORGETOWN — Chief Fred A. Mitchell Jr. is pleased to announce that Santa Claus will be visiting every neighborhood in town during the 24th Annual Santa Tour this weekend.
Sunday, Dec. 8, beginning at 11 a.m.
The tour will start at the Byfield Town boarder on North Street. To view the tour’s route, see the schedule below.
Georgetown Firefighters are partnering with Santa this weekend to visit the majority of streets in town, during which Claus will collect new, unwrapped toys for children ranging from infants to age 16 from Georgetown residents wishing to donate to those in need.
The Georgetown Fire Department held the first Santa Tour in 1996, and in 2000, the department began collecting toys for Toys for Tots during the tour, which has become a longstanding tradition.
“The Annual Santa Tour is a really special tradition that our department looks forward to each year,” Chief Mitchell said. “Bringing Santa on a tour around town is always a fun way to celebrate the holiday season with the community, as well as a great way to support Toys for Tots and spread joy to children and families in need.”
Anyone who misses the Santa Tour can drop off toys at the Georgetown Police or Fire Stations at 47 Central St. until the end of the day on Friday, Dec. 13.
The department’s goal this year is to collect approximately 3,000 toys for the Toys for Tots program.
Toys for Tots was founded by the U.S. Marine Corps in 1947 to donate toys to kids who are less fortunate during the holiday season.
Below is a schedule (subject to change/delay) for the 2019 Santa Tour:
Please keep in mind that these are approximate times. Please DO NOT call the police or fire departments to find out where Santa is. Listen for the tour, and meet the firefighters and Santa on the edge of the street with your new unwrapped toy donations.
- 11-11:40 a.m. — North Street to Web Road, North Street to Brownfield Lane, North Street to Wells/Swanton/Derek Circle, North Street to Meadowview Road, Charles Street, Amburg Street, Meadowview Road, Stone Row Lane.
- 11:40 a.m.-12:45 p.m. — North Street to Thurlow Street, Tiger Row to Thurlow Street, Jewett Street to the Church of Latter Day Saints, Fazio Farm Road, Harris Way, Jewett Street, Jackman Street to Ordway Street, Warren Street to Byfield Parish Church, Jackman Street to Ordway Street, Warren Street to Belleau Woods and Rainbow Ridge Way, Whiffletree Lane, Warren Street to Sage Road, Raymond Court, Pineneedle Lane, Raymond Road, Warren Street to Village Lane, Jewett Street, Forrest Street, Crescent Drive to Warren Street to Jewett Street to Family Housing.
- 12:45-2:15 p.m. — Jewett Street to Tenney Street, Acorn Way, Hawk Way, Hickory Lane, Tenney Street to Long Hill Road, Birch Tree Drive, Long View Way, Long Hill Road, Norino Way, Access Road to East Main Street, True Lane, East Main Street to Tenney Street, Searle Street, Wilkins Way, Searle Street to Woodland Road, Ledge Drive, Abbey Road, Marlboro Road, White Pine Drive, Lisa Lane, Bussing Way, Vineyard Lane, Grapevine Lane, Searle Street, Fieldstone Lane, Marlboro Road, Tenney Street, Spaulding Road, Tenney Street, East Main Street.
- 2:45-4 p.m. — East Main Street, Pillsbury Lane, Reynard Lane, Partridge Place, Pillsbury Lane, Ilene Circle, Bernay Way, Pillsbury Lane, East Main Street, Winter Street, Maple Street, Park Street, Pleasant Street, Lincoln Street, North Street, Summer Street, Juniper Lane, Molloy Road, Linden Circle, Larch Road, Parsonage Street to North Street, Pond Street, Mill Street, Emily Lane, Lake Avenue, Prescott Lane, Carriage Lane, Pond Street to Groveland.
- 4-4:45 p.m. — Thurlow Street, Kenneth Road, North Street, Sawmill Way, Rosemary Lane, Waldingfield Road, North Street to Brookmeadow, Oregon Street, North Street to Pond Street, Prospect Street.
- 4:45-5:45 p.m. —West Main Street to King Street, Old Jacobs Road, West Main Street to Lakeridge Drive, Trestle Way, Laurel Lane, West Main Street to Spofford Avenue, Chaplin Road, Dodge Avenue, Weston Avenue, West Main Street to Middle Street, Clark Street, School Street, West Main Street to Moulton Street, Railroad Avenue, Monroe Street, Madison Avenue, Nelson Avenue, Andover Street.
- 6:15-7 p.m. — Andover Street, Cedar Lane, Andover Street to Baldpate Road, Hillside Drive, Little’s Hill Lane, Londonderry Lane, Canterbury Drive, Andover Street to Lakeshore Drive, Taylor Street, Bailey Lane, Mohawk Circle, Lower Bailey Lane, Taylor Street to Beverly Drive, Lakeshore Drive to Bradford Loop, Hamilton Terrace, Andover Street.
- 7-7:45 p.m. Andover Street to Upper Bailey Lane, Marion’s Way, Andover Street to Davis Lane, Andover Street to Pine Plain Road, West Street, Andover Street to Spofford Street, Hardy Terrace, Andover Street.
- 7:45-8:45 p.m. Andover Street to Baldpate Road, Chaplin Hills Road, Blueberry Lane, Baldpate Road to Nelson Street, Central Street, Lantern Lane, Corinthian Way, Central Street to King George Drive, Central Street to Pingree Farm Road, East Street, Central Street to Library Street, East Main Street to Elm Street, Central Street.
Note: The Santa Tour will not be visiting the following streets: Bayberry Lane, Boardman Street, Brook Street, Deer Run Lane, Dummer Avenue, Flint Road, Hart Circle, High Street, Lynn Circle, Maureen Lane, Molloy Road Extension, Noyes Road, Oak Terrace, Old Jacobs Road beyond Gloria Road, Parish Road, Penn Brook Avenue, Phillips Avenue, Pillsbury Street, Pine Grove Avenue, Richardson Lane, Rock Pond Avenue, Robert Drive.