Fred A. Mitchell Jr., Fire Chief
47 Central Street
Georgetown, MA 01833
For Immediate Release
Thursday, Oct. 26, 2017
Contact: John Guilfoil
Georgetown Fire Department September Newsletter
GEORGETOWN — Chief Fred Mitchell would like to share what the Georgetown Fire Department was up to during the month of September.
The department responded to 186 incidents, including:
- Electrical fire at 1 Spaulding Road
- Kitchen fire at 4 Hickory Lane
- Report of smoke at 24 Marlboro Road
- Smoke alarm activation at 58 Lake Shore Drive
- Carbon monoxide alarm activation at 3 Reynard Lane
- Overpass motor vehicle accident at East Main Street at Route 95
- Motor vehicle accident at North Street at Thurlow Street
- Mutual aid response on Salem Street at Center Street for Groveland
Firefighters also participated in monthly training programs and completed numerous inspections and child seat installations.
Chief Mitchell and the Georgetown Fire Department thank the community and visitors of Georgetown for their continued support!